Monday 9 September 2013

Synopsis



Having been inspired by the challenges undertaken for comic relief and sport relief, I set myself a target of attempting two endurance challenges a year back in 2011.

In 2011 I undertook cycling from John O'Groats to Landsend (www.wewillrideyou.blogspot.com) and the climbing the 3 largest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales within 24 hours (www.wewillwalkyou.blogspot.com)

In 2012 I walked from east coast to west coast of Britain with 48 hours (www.wewillwalkyou.blogspot.com) and completed a 100 miles overnight cycle ride.

At the start of this year (2013) I was running out of ideas when watching Eddie Izzard's Nelson Mandela Marathons I decided to sign up to the Great North Run. Have seen Eddie run a marathon a day, I was inspired to take on the challenge of running 7 half marathons in 7 days.

I planned for the final run to be with the crowd behind me at the Great North Run on Sunday 15th September and wanted to fit the other half marathons around my work schedule so here is my plan for the week ahead:
Day 1 - Mon 9th Sep - The East London Half Marathon
Day 2 - Tue 10th Sep - Run to the Beat Greenwich
Day 3 - Wed 11th Sep - Royal Parks Half Marathon
Day 4 - Thu 12th Sep - Richmond Half
Day 5 - Fri 13th Sep - London Marathon (second part - 1st part is Run to the Beat)
Day 6 - Sat 14th Sep - Ealing Half Marathon
Day 7 - Great North Run

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment