Monday 9 September 2013

Day 1 : East London Half

 At 16:58pm on Monday 9th September I started the East London Half Marathon by my larry lonesome. There was no starting gun but there was a dangerous looking chap in a hoody so I decided that was all I needed to get started.
The run took me through the mean streets of West Ham, before heading to the all too familiar Stratford and alongside the legendary Olympic Stadium....
At this point I admit to getting a little lost as all paths around the Olympic Stadium seemed to be closed off. However I got back on track and ventured through some estates (helped quicken my pace) in the middle of the run, before finishing off the race in West Ham Park:
Finally, with some helpful directions from some weed smoking teenagers (something along the lines of "Run Forrest Run" I think they said) I found the finish line and recorded a quite sensible time of 1 hr 48 mins and 10 seconds. The only other hiccup I endured was while reading the map and running at the same time I went head first into an very poorly trimmed bramble bush. 


No comments:

Post a Comment